FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS SAAC?
The student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes from all 12 intercollegiate athletic teams and one club team at Brookdale Community College. The group is assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience and to offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives while attending Brookdale.
The purpose of SAAC is to act as a liaison and maintain lines of communication between student-athletes and the athletic administration to advance the interests and pool the resources of all athletic programs at Brookdale Community College.
Any student-athlete, enrolled full-time can be a SAAC member. At the end of each academic year each team selects two athletes to serve as SAAC representatives for the following year. Generally, teams are encouraged to select one sophomore and one freshman for their team representatives. (Teams with less than 10 members on the roster need only elect one representative).
SAAC meets once per month (could be twice for an event) from September through May. Meetings are held in the conference room located in the athletic department offices.
SAAC has extended an open invitation to all student-athletes, coaching staff, Athletic Department, college administrators and interested faculty who wish to attend the meetings.
SAAC annually elects two co-chairs and two vice-co-chairs. These individuals set the agenda and guide the discussion at meetings.
· Attend all SAAC meetings
· Voice concerns, and address college and athletic issues
· Foster community awareness, and devise community service projects for athletes
· Report back to team relevant info regarding SAAC meetings
· Actively recruit teammates to participate in SAAC events and programs
· Check email account regularly
SAAC QUICK FACTS
ALL of these must be completed each year to retain club status on campus
- . One community service event
- . One off-campus event
- . Two on-campus events (one per semester)
- . After initial meeting, set agenda and guide the discussion at meetings
- . Attend monthly meetings for all clubs and organizations on campus
- . Report any/all information to club members
- . Be involved in campus wide activities
- . EVERY team is responsible to complete one community service project
- . AT LEAST one representative per team must attend ever SAAC meeting
- . AT LEAST one meeting per month
- . SAAC meets during college hour (between 11:30am-1:00pm) on Tuesdays and Thursdays.